Friday, December 16, 2011

Back from hiatus

Judging from my last post, it's certainly been a while since I've been here. It wasn't intentional. I have been working on my graduate project, which is a documentary on the lack of blacks in soccer in the United States. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback about the subject matter and will share it with you once my defense is officially over.

Just because I haven't recorded an entry in a long time doesn't mean I haven't been keeping up with what's been going on in sports, and a lot has happened. Another major college sports program (Syracuse basketball) has been hit with sexual abuse allegations. The NBA player reshuffle is in major frenzy as teams hustle to lock up key players before the Christmas Day start of the shortened season.

But one major story that hits close to home is the ongoing investigation over the death of a Florida A&M University Marching 100 band player. Robert Champion III, a 26-year-old drum major died hours after the band had performed at the Orlando Classic. The apparent cause has been linked to hazing, which has set off a firestorm of who bears the responsibility for his death. In the next few days, I'll share my thoughts on the issue as a graduate of FAMU.

It was my birthday on Dec. 8, and as a gift to myself I finally got to attend a Robin Thicke concert on Dec. 7. I'll share some of the videos and pictures I shot at the concert. The end of the year is fast approaching, but I still have a few things to share before the end of the year.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment